BCFC COVIDSafe FAMILY GUIDELINES
As a club BCFC are fully committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for members of our club (volunteers, players, personnel, families, spectators) and the wider community and are committed to implementing practices in line with guidance available from Sport Australia, Football Federation Australia, Football Victoria, our local council, the Victorian State Government and other relevant authorities applicable to our club. We commit to keeping informed of the latest advice from Football Victoria and the Victorian State Government in this regard.
The State Government’s guidelines for community sport and recreation COVIDSafe plan covers six Principles:
- Physical distancing
- Face mask usage
- Good hygiene
- Keeping records and acting quickly if workers, participants or volunteers become unwell
- Limiting congestion in enclosed spaces
- Avoiding unnecessary mixing of groups
1. Must not attend training/competition if in the past 14 days if you:
- Have tested positive to COVID-19;
- Have been unwell or had any flu-like symptoms (even if mild)
- Have come in close contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19
** In the event you have tested positive to COVID-19 or come into close contact with anyone who has, please notify the club so we can ascertain if you have come into contact with any club members during the infectious period. Please refer to our CovidSafe Plan on the BCFC website.
** If you are unwell and have tested negative for COVID-19 you should still isolate at home until symptoms are completely gone. Once gone and subject to any other requirements to isolate, you may return to training earlier than 14 days.
2. Check in with QR system upon arrival if you are staying more than 15 mins.
3. Must follow the latest Victorian Government announcements on the requirements of using face masks. When social distancing is not possible This means all visitors must carry a mask at all times.
4. Must follow the directions provided by club officials and signs at our facility and grounds.
5. When queuing or gathering please maintain 1.5 metres distance. Avoid congestion in indoor spaces.
6. Limit your interactions with other groups (other teams/visitors).
- Must follow the latest Victorian Government announcements on the requirements of using face mask. This means players must carry a mask at all times (keep it in your kit bag).
- When off field and outdoors players only need to wear a mask when you cannot keep 1.5 metres from others (outside your group) unless otherwise directed by Victorian Government restrictions
- Carry hand sanitizer.
- Apply hand sanitizer regularly, including before and after training.
- Bring your own drink bottles and make sure your bottles are clearly labelled with your name and age group. Do not share drink bottles.
- Come to training dressed, avoid using changing rooms on training nights.
- When using the toilets, use hand sanitizer.
- When using training rooms on game days only use the one allocated to your team.
- Shower at home where possible.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow (not your hands) when you cough and sneeze and place tissues directly in the bin.
- Do not spit at any time (eg: even when there is no one else around).
- Goalkeepers must not spit in their gloves to improve grip etc.
- Follow the directions of your coaching staff and the BCFC COVID-safety officers.
Please view and read the Bendigo City Football Club CovidSafe Plan 2021